Sunday, January 9, 2011

fingerprints?

Well we had our finger print appointment on Friday! I was so excited, we even planned to spend the whole day in Baltimore.  So we get there no wait, go up to the counter and turn in our form, the lady says to Duane let me see your hands, as he turns them over she asks him to remove his band aid...did I mention that this week when he went to sit down at a restaraunt and pull his chair up that the seat was not attached. the seat proceeded to take a few layers of skin off his finger (ouch!) where else but the tip!  the lady at the counter looked at him and said we cant take your prints. She was pretty matter of fact about it.  i felt my eyes welling up, but did not want to cry Duane felt so bad  and I did not want to make it worse.  So now we wait for it to heal...As we left I asked him what he thought the reason that God put yet another obstacle in our way was.  He replied that God has our children picked out and he will put all types of road blocks to ensure that our timing is perfect for his plan.  I know he is right but...the wait to wait continues! On a good note one of my employees who is Ethiopian is very excited about teaching us Amharic! So now we begin our Culture studies!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I would have cried if that happened. Congrats on handling it so well.

    I studied some Amharic with that handy dandy book for adoptive parents, and then learned my child speaks Wolaytta, and I don't see a lot of similarity. Therefore, I became lazy and stopped learning words. They also said they won't move them until probably the day before court to Addis. Therefore, he won't be hearing Amharic until then. I am NOT discouraging you at all, but I just wanted to let you know about that. Still, it is neat you are learning the language! I hope you get those dang fingerprints done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I would have freaked out. But it WILL get done and it will happen. Poor Duane...=) Good luck with the Amharic studies, I am very jealous that you have that resource!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer! I hope at least when you go back there is still no wait and you get walk-up service.

    ReplyDelete