Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I love about reading blogs

So Duane and I have been married for 16 years, we have a pretty great life, both have good jobs, own a house in our city and one on the beach, we have traveled...and now for the past few years have REALLY wanted to start our family, well a lot of our family and friends ask why...you have such a great easy life, kids will change everything...blah blah blah. 

but here in blog world I get to see people ENJOYING their kids and families, I love this!  (don't get me wrong I read about the chaotic stuff too) but I love to see moms and dads taking so many pics of their kids to share, having so much fun doing different things!  It is so encouraging versus to hear from my co-worker- are you sure you really want kids...

I know my life will never be the same and I CAN'T wait!

4 comments:

  1. Just saw your post on Meg's blog. We are also waiting for sibs with WHFC (12 months)! Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, love your enthusiasm, keep it coming (mine is waning). Second, we too are going to be first time parents and are very freaked out about the changes that will occur...What? We can't just spontaneously go out for dinner EVER AGAIN? Yikes! And third, yes I'm on the WHFC Yahoo board and it's fantastic. See if this link works:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/whfc_ethiopia/

    Let me know if you have a problem with signing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great point. It is funny how people "warn" you about having kids. I agree! I can't wait!. -Kala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - it's awesome! You're gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete