Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Better Attitude!

Well as the holidays are winding down my attitude is better!  We have our fingerprint appointment next Friday! So that wraps up our paperwork (well depending on what the changes to the Dossier authentication process are!) 
My new hope is that by February we will be parents in waiting!  I am trying to decide how we can do our countdown- would love any thoughts and suggestions ( I have seen the post it's, the chalkboard, the drawings...)
We have our niece and nephew coming today and they have a 9 month old little boy! So I am super excited about this- but also anticipating seeing what all we need to change in our house to accommodate little ones!!! I am sure a list of stuff to do/change will be in the works!!!
I am also starting my training of my 2nd half marathon- this will be great and a good thing to keep my mind a bit more sane!

I am so enjoying seeing every one's Christmas posts/pics!
Happy New Years dear blog friends!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats. Getting on the waitlist would be a great Valentine's Day gift. Hoping CIS cooperates... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard part with the process is you have almost no idea how to prepare until you see their faces and read their stories. I prepared for two school age kids, and I got my "oops" baby. Therefore, I had to make some major changes to the house. At the same time I wouldn't have bought some of the stuff i bought had I known. As a suggestion, you might want to be smarter than I was... I would wait until you get the referral to do too much. It will save you some money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making progress. One step at a time. You're doing great. I think you're doing just the right thing - keep yourself happy and healthy and when you get the referral - then you can jump into action! Know we're all waiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nine-month old will be a helpful babyproofing tool, but I recommend an 18-month-old. When my son was about six months, we had a friend over who had an 18-month old and it blew us away the things he got into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping CIS moves fast for you. Our countdown calendar is a black posterboard with white sharpie we made. One of my favorite countdowns though is someone else's where they write the amharic word for the number and have someone in the family holding the piece of paper. its stinking adorable and wish i could go back and steal their idea LOL. cant remember who it is but im pretty sure its a whfc family :)

    ReplyDelete