Wednesday, August 3, 2011

To stalk or not...

Friday is the official closing date of the courts in Ethiopia, so we wait....but here is my question, since not everything shuts down everyday, does that mean I could still get a call for a court date in October? I think it has to mean that because if they feel confident that we will see some Oct court dates and the courts do not reopen until October 11th and they see cases on October 12th...they have to call me between now and then.  While this news is GREAT, I was creating a silver lining around the cloud of closing time frame of not having to stalk my phone...but I guess I still should!  Did anyone last year get called when the courts were closed? I have reached out to our caseworker but cannot seem to get a straight answer...yes I know it could be November, December...blah blah blah, I know it could be forever, I know you have to tell me the worst possibility, but just for once just for today can you tell me the best possibility, or at least all possibilities!  So do I stalk or not???

We were glad to have received an update on our Little CC (we asked some medical questions) she got glasses!  I am hoping for a new picture (yeah right!)  she is still in the orphanage so we were a bit shocked that they gave her glasses, but very glad!  As most of you  may know she is blind in one of her eyes, so the glasses are protective for the "good" eye. 

well for tonight I can quit stalking email and my phone! I will rest until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you get so frustrated with the case worker speak? It's almost like politicians, never giving a straight answer :) I think the good news is you got your referral in June, so your court date should be before people who get referral in July/August. I bet they start assigning court dates at the end of the closure, so maybe start the stalking in mid September. That's probably when I will start mine.

    ReplyDelete