Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Distractions!

Well, we had an earthquake today and now a hurricane coming...so this week is going to fly by and I have begun to stalk my phone a lot less and trying to move forward as we wait for the court call!! 
Turns out CC was at the Horizon House at the end of July for a coffee ceremony and a parent sent me a blurry picture of her sweet face!!  I cannot tell you how thrilled we were to get it, once I opened it tears would not stop- it was my sweet girl- she looked happy (yeah blurry pic and all) she is being so loved on and I am glad!  My latest thoughts...her transition to HH should be pretty good, she goes there for these ceremony's probably knows Mulat and some of the Nannies.  She gets to be part of a HAPPY celebration of goodbyes to her friends to "new parents" she is old enough to understand and soon it will be her that is being celebrated!  I think all of this will help in her transition, not that it will be easy, but I think all of this makes it EASIER!
I am hopeful for a court date soon as it opens, I am trying to be realistic, but I just want what I want!!

Well we have her roomed almost finished! See below- spoiled already!! I am having fun!!!






6 comments:

  1. Stay distracted and stay busy! Her room looks wonderful, so perfect for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet room for a sweet, sweet little girl. Stay distracted as much as possible, it really does help pass the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a group of girls coming over for the coffee ceremony during one of the weeks in March too. However, I don't think I have them in the videos. I will check. I was there for a number of good-bye ceremonies.

    The room looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room is beautiful! I want to move in! She is going to be one happy girl with so much love coming her way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you- visiting hh for coffee ceremonies should help her transition. Mulat is amazing... As is all of the hh staff. I know it is not much easier when you just want them home, but our boys loved their nurse and nannies at hh. And... The room is adorable! The only thing cuter will be your little one in it :)

    ReplyDelete