Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lighter shade of blue

Well, I do feel a bit better today, not because WH called but just pulling up my boot straps and moving forward.  Thanks all for the comments!  Our caseworker and I were exchanging emails and I did let her know she could call me anythime now with that court date, day or night, that I was having a tough week and we needed to go ahead and get that lined up!!  She asked if I wanted to set up a check in call, I said no thanks, because if you call my number and it is to tell me you know nothing more...I will not be happy!!! I appreciate her willingness to talk to me but I think I get all I need with you all!!!

I ordered an Amharic CD/workbook for learning the language and got it today.  it is by Simple Language for adoptive families- figured that my hourish commute every day could be better spent by learning the language!  I have friends at work that speak Amharic so I can practice with them and then husband and I will start speaking it to each other aswell!!  Should be fun to see what this old brain can absorb!

2 comments:

  1. How lucky that you have friends at work who speak Amharic! I hope the studying goes well. Ours has been going really slowly, but tonight for the first time we were able to have an actual "conversation" with our tutors. Please post if you discover any other useful resources for language learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you have an Amharic speaking friend; what a resource! We also bought Simple Lang. for Adoptive Families and found it very useful at home and in Eth. I hope you get good news soon. Waiting is awful. Just awful.

    ReplyDelete