Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Potential Court Date

This was the subject line of an email I received last Thursday from my caseworker.  The email went on to say, we have exciting news, you have a potential court date of xx-xx-xxxx, however due to that day being a Saturday we think it might be an error, so we are checking and as soon as we know we will get back to you....
today is Tuesday...I am sure you will all be shocked (HUGE amount of sarcasm) when I say we have not heard back from them...why have we not heard back...not sure, but could it be because it was ET New Year yesterday and I am sure they were not working Friday, yesterday or today (probably that is why they don't see cases). 
I started thinking about a year ago (and a few months) when we started this process and all the roadblocks we hit along the way.
1. Homestudy agency did not tell us they were only homestudy and that we would have to contact WH ourselves (not a huge deal but...)
2. Homestudy agency said you can have your social work visit without your Dr. appts- oh wait (3 weeks later, no you can't)
3. then there was the every famous slicing of Duane's finger 2 days before our fingerprints were to be taken
4. or how about the Friday following the Thursday we sent in our FINAL paperwork to officially be waiting and everyone (not WH) announced hey all adoptions are going to take a billion years longer than we thought!

I am sure I am leaving some stuff out...but you all get the point.  Here is the coolest thing ever though, it took God to allow ALL that to get us matched with our girl (as most of you know we started out on the sibling route).  It was all part of the process, I cried, I screamed, I panicked and now it all seems so insignificant because we are matched with our little girl and we will meet her so soon.  So am I frustrated because I have a potential court date and we are in a holding pattern on flights, asking off for work and a number of other things, sure I am.  But am I freaking out, crying, saying why me...not at all.  There is no telling what cool thing is happening right now due to this! We are meeting our CC soon and that is all that matters to me! 

We are coming baby girl- He is bringing us all together!!

2 comments:

  1. Very frustrating...sorry you have to deal with not knowing. But I feel like good things are coming, and I am booking our flight today and look forward to seeing you in Addis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. International adoption is very much a two steps forward, one step back kind of process. But at least you are very few steps away now!

    ReplyDelete