Thursday, November 3, 2011

a lot of random stuff!

While we have been waiting ( a whole week and a half!) I realized a lot of the frustration is in the ambiguity of it all.  Where is our paperwork is it with the US Embassy or still with ET government?  I have decided that is what is driving me crazy!

But, on to fun stuff!  So another blogger (Kristin) asked me a few weeks ago right before we met our daughter what would I tell someone who has been referred but not met there children yet...here is what I would say- be true to yourself during this waiting process.  As an example, as soon as we were matched with CC, in our minds/hearts she was our daughter, we began to do things to indicate this, looked at schools, decorated her room, called her our daughter...we fell in love with this girl.  Other people once referred still keep their guard up and do nothing, that is OK- I think if you are true to yourself it will help you get through the wait, if I were to have kept that guard up I would have been crazy, just I am sure if someone who does that were to let it down and go hog wild they would be very anxious! 

A shower...dear friends of mine through me (CC) a shower this weekend, WOW- my sister, sister-in-law, niece and friend all came in town for it and about 35 people came!  It was an overwhelming blessing! My little CC has no idea the impact she has made on people.  She is a true angel!  We received so many wonderful gifts and fun things I cannot wait to get her home to enjoy them!

These are my very random chaotic thoughts this morning ( I blame the delicious Ethiopian coffee I am drinking!)!  I am just missing my girl so much- she is all I can think about and I am hoping by writing some of this it will help to ease some of that longing. It will be soon that she comes home I know this, but I want it to be NOW!

2 comments:

  1. The longing will likely continue until she's in your arms again - but then you get a lifetime together! You all are so strong. The not knowing must be agonizing. Know we're all thinking of you and praying for you and hoping more of the wait is behind you then ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, this is the part of the wait I am NOT looking forward to. I hope it goes quick for you.

    ReplyDelete