Sunday, September 18, 2011

30 Days...

30 days until we meet her, hug her, kiss her. In 30 days our life will change forever, not that it has not already begun, but then it will all be real.  It is hard to believe we started this journey a year and 4 months ago and now it is coming. I asked Duane today if there was anything left he wanted to do before we became parents, neither of us could think of 1 thing!
I need to make a list of all that we do NEED to accomplish before she comes home.  While it is "just" the court date and she will not yet come home with us, time is getting away and there are things to be done.
We are still learning Amharic and I never managed to learn to cook Ethiopian food, going to rely on restaurants at this point. I can't stress about it!
Her room is done, but we are still deciding on her school, we have it narrowed down and are almost positive but still need to meet the teacher and do an observation.
There are small things around the house that need to be done, some functional, some "safety" even though she is not a toddler there is so much she won't know.
Then there is preparing to go on leave at work, while I am very excited about this, it could be right at Holiday season and I am in retail, so again I am THRILLED at this thought (it has been years since I have not worked a holiday) the stress of what I will come back to scares me a bit.
But most of all I am frantic about the first trip stuff, the paperwork (new updated stuff to do), plus bringing all the right paperwork, donations, clothes, cameras...do we have the right luggage? How much is too much? too little?
In 30 days none of this will matter, I will be holding her (if she will let me!) and life will be perfect!  I just have to get through the next 30 days!

5 comments:

  1. Kristen, I am feeling so much of this too! It's overwhelming getting ready to travel. And the constant wonder if I am doing it right! Good luck with your shots. You will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! I remember the stress of packing! You're right... Soon that stress will be over and you'll be on the other side of the world... Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you!! I bet you won't sleep much on that 29th night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy and excited for you. Don't stress about packing. We had one smaller suitcase with our clothes (and I found we totally overpacked) and one huge suitcase with donations. Our airline waived the fee b/c the contents were donations which I thought was terrific b/c we were way over the limit. I cannot wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for all of you. Being a mom is wonderful and I can't wait to see pictures of your daughter. 30 days will go fast!

    ReplyDelete