Monday, September 26, 2011

3 weeks

In 3 weeks we will be on a plane bound for ET, we will finally get to meet her!!  I would be lying if I said that I was not feeling a bit anxious! I have started having dreams about the flight, being in Africa and meeting CC.  They have been pretty vivid dreams (this is normal for me when I am anxious) everything from missing our Court date to bright pink and blue bugs that are poisonous! That dream came the day we got vaccinated!
When I look back at some of my first blogs, I realized I have come full circle I went from being nervous about being a mom,cooking, hair, schools...to it being all about the process.  I am now back to thinking about those mom things again and getting nervous!  Excited of course but nervous nonetheless, nervous to meet her.  She is 7, she has an idea what is happening, this meeting will be part of her memory of  her forever family.  As I think about this I think (overthink) all the details, the soap we use, that smell will be something she is aware of forever, the clothes if not plain we wear could be something she remembers, if my nails are painted that could stand out for her (good or bad) it is all these tiny little things that make memory's and while they seem insignificant alone, together what they create can be very powerful.  Does this mean that I am debating nail polish color and spending hours at bath & body works, nope, not at all just thinking about it all! Although if I don't get a skirt or dress that is long the judge may throw me out!!!
In 3 weeks my world will be rocked and boy I can't wait!  Now I just need to get packing and shopping!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your attitude and excitement. Was talking with a friend today about you all and thinking about your daughter and how excited she must be. What a process. So thrilled for you all. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Hadn't even thought about the nail color. Great...now something else for me to obsess over!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure whatever details you choose will be part of a beautiful memory!

    ReplyDelete