Monday, October 14, 2013

Brother and sister

As I drove home from work today I started thinking about Chaltu and R.  This time next year they will be officially brother and sister.  I wonder what that will be like. 2 strangers with very similar stories becoming 1 family with the same story.  Will they share secrets, will they fight, will they have a bond that cannot be broken.
I want R home, we are so far away from that at this point and it saddens me.  As he fell asleep tonight did he pray for a mom and dad. Is he wondering why he has not been chosen, I need him to know we are coming. We cannot wait for him to be our son. We are doing everything possible to make this process go quickly, we are saving every penny we have, we have wonderful friends who are donating their money to help.  R we are coming, soon your prays can be for things like a new soccer ball or for your sister to quit stealing your candy, my prays can be changed too, I will finally get to be your mom.  I will tuck you in, kiss you goodnight, keep you safe and love to the end of the world and back.

2 comments:

  1. Love that your family is growing and praying you somehow feel peace and calm during the difficult wait until you are all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sibling relationships are amazing. I love watching our kids' relationships develop.

    ReplyDelete