Tuesday, November 16, 2010

dreams

I had a dream last night that when I spoke to my social worker today, she told me she had to children waiting for us, an infant girl and a toddler boy.  She was encouraging us to speed up the process as fast as we could.

Well, I did speak with our social worker today and well no such luck!  As far as speeding up...If I was not so organized with all of this it would be going much slower!  Our paper process is coming to an end slowly and hopefully our home study will be approved this week and we can send in the I-600 by the end of the week. 

But back to the dream, it was the first time I had a dream like this and it felt so real, yesterday I prayed for God to let our children know we are out here and we will be with them soon, maybe this was their response...I hope I get these dreams often!

I also was able to speak to a reference family today regarding their adoption, what an amazing story I got to hear, we both cried and laughed and you would have thought we had known each other for years.  What a true blessing!
I pray for all of you that have your referrals and are awaiting travel  and pray today for all of us awaiting the special day of our referral!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. It sounds like you are almost done with paper chasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I loved calling reference families too! I spoke with one family for a REALLY long time, they ended up putting one of their daughters on the phone to talk to me! It's so nice having moments like that...it's so reaffirming. I saw your note on my blog...for now we are keeping our range 0-48 (of course we reserve the right to change our minds!). Our thinking is that it's likely, no matter what, that our older child will be even older in real life and we feel strongly about getting some time in preschool before beginning kindergarten! If we change our mind I'll let you know! Good luck to you and the end of your paperchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dream. I haven't had many dreams about the referral, but lots about going to meet them. I guess that's probably because I've scoured the web looking at everyone's videos, so my brain has a better idea what that will be like!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete