Thursday, July 4, 2013

Decisions...decisions...decisions!

We went to our intake meeting! All was great! We are now in the process of making a decision on a Country.  
We are going between Ghana and Uganda, they both have their risks and their benefits! We have seen profiles of children from both Countries which can make it a bit harder, but we are trying to put those out of our mind for now and decide on Country.  

The Agency we are using as had great success in Ghana, but it is risky as most other Regions have suspended adoptions, so I am a bit nervous about it.
Then with Uganda it is a pilot program for this agency, so that will incur risk...UGH! Any advice out there or things to consider would be greatly appreciated!!

As for Chaltu in this process?? (I can't not talk about my angel!!) She is very excited! We are providing her with as many answers, details she wants.  We want her to feel comfortable with this, it also shows her what all we went through to get her, I say this in a positive way, she can see how hard we worked to have HER as our daughter!  She asked me the other day when I was working on homestudy paperwork if I had to do ALL that paperwork when we were adopting her...when I said yes, she smiled so big!  How important all these small details are to our girl!  I leave you with an adorable pic of her!! Thanks in advance for any other thoughts or advice!

2 comments:

  1. I would do Uganda in a heartbeat.. seriously... What about using an agency that doesn't have it as a pilot program? I assume you are definite with agency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .. I only say that because it seems to me personally like Ghana has more risks with the adoption process than Uganda right now.

    ReplyDelete