Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home

It has been 12 days since we arrived home!  I have barely replied to emails, phone calls and so far behind on not only posting on my blog but reading anyone elses!  But this morning as I woke up and the house was very quiet I debated, ok do I fall back asleep or get up, have a cup of coffee, start laundry and have some "me computer time" and here I am!

It has been a wonderful, tiresome and a learned 12 days!  Chaltu has been amazing!  As most of you know she is a 7 year old (ish) girl.  Those that met her at HH know that she is sweet, kind and has a smile that lights the world up! These dimples that don't stop! She loves her daddy so much (yes I am a bit jealous but love it!)  she and I are adjusting well too, but you know daddy plays kinnect and mommy makes her try new food!!  Overall the 3 of us are settling in great!   
Chaltus personality is VERY big!  She can be quiet, shy and full of poise.  She has this goof ball side that is hysterical she is already doing impressions of Duane and I, they are spot on and make us laugh so hard we cry.  Then there is her 7 yr old side, "mommy please" she has done this since day 3 home, batting her eyelashes and saying it over and over or "mommy I love you" to either try and get something or get out of something.  Seriously how does she know to do this? I figure it was part of their "orientation to America" they got or this is an instinctual quality all children have!
I think so far my favorite 2 things I have experienced with Chaltu have been watching her play with her dolls, it seriously is beyond adorable, yesterday she even put a make shift "mat" out to feed her babies their morning tea.  She changes them, she coo's over them, kisses them, she does it all! (of course last night when daddy came into the picture they started karate chopping her babies!)  My 2nd favorite thing is when we are watching a movie and she gets scared (not to worry they are all G rated, but you know Tarzan has it's scary moments!) she gets so animated and dives into Duanes lap, squeezes his arm....she loves it!  As do I! 
This girl is just awesome! I could write for days about what a tough, scrappy little thing she is or how in the middle of the night when she rolls over and opens her eyes for a second she will throw her arm around my neck and then fall back asleep. I know you all know there are a 1000 of these moments that I could write about, but thought I would start with those above!
I leave you all with a few pictures, unfortunately most are from ET as since we have been home she has been very camera shy and we are not pushing it right now!  But here is our Chaltu Chloe (CC)!





3 comments:

  1. A girl and her daddy is a special sight indeed! I am so happy your transition seems to be going well! Thank you for sharing the sweet moments! These kids are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! So very precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been dying to hear about your new life. The pics are great. Keep drinking coffee and posting. My motto is -sleep is overrated. :-)

    ReplyDelete