Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Checking the list off!

Well we are making progress here!

Restored Doors and Windows on front of house-check! not us but the fabulous contractors!
Kitchen painted- check! two days but walls and cabinets look great
Fire Marshall inspection- check!
Water and Sewer inspection- check in about an hour!

Bio- NOT check- I am really struggling with this, I am half way through and stuck, I know it does not need to be flowery and they want the story of my life, but...it is not easy and it HAS to get done today! It is the deadline I have given myself we are turning it in tomorrow so today is my only choice!! But here I am creating a blog of nothing instead of focusing on it!

On another note, I want to buy something, anything that resembles us starting a family, but what would I buy, I am not sure how old or what sex our kids will be, but I feel like I need to have something to start feeling that "fun" part, I am thinking maybe books- no matter the ages they will need books, sweet fun books.   My mom has started knitting blankets she feels the same way I think!  She said she cant stop!!  I think I will have a suitcase full for the orphanage as well!!

I know today's blog is full of "nothing" but felt compelled to share my nothings!

4 comments:

  1. It's not nothing. You're thinking of and preparing for your babies. And that is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hampers? I think I bought my kids matching hampers first..... Yes, I am serious.. in my sick little way. :-) Blankets sound much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stress about the bio, mine was barely recognizable in the homestudy.I think bits and pieces were kind of cut and pasted for the most part. It read fine, but I think your case manager probably just wants the basics...and wants to know that you are husband can, in fact, write =) I have no advice about purchases; we have bought nothing in preparation for our kiddos...I am too scared to (but that is my own crazy problem...). BOoks sound good though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny story on the bio. Our local home study agency gave us a list of 55 questions to answer. One question was "What will you offer a child?" My husband's answer? "Gum." We still passed, so don't sweat it so much - your's can't be worse than that!

    ReplyDelete