Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spending Money

The other day our little princess was talking about me buying things for her and when I said I don't have any money her reply was yes the red card (my debit card) and made a sliding motion and a beeping sound! She said it had lots of money on it! Oh boy!!

Well she herself as earned quite a bit of money and while I did make her buy her own candy a few weeks ago decided it was time again for her to use her money!

We had just finished her book of Ivy and Bean and she wanted the 2nd one, I told her that Daddy and I would take her to the bookstore to buy it, but she had to pay for it, she was fine with that.  As she counted her money yesterday (while we had our social worker visit!) she realized she had enough money to buy 2 books!  So after our 3 month visit, breakfast at Denny's we went to the bookstore.  She found both the 2nd and 3rd books and then she found another sticker book she wanted, so we told her she would only have enough money for 2 books not all 3, she paused, and asked if all her money would be gone, we said yep.  At that point it hit her, she was going to buy 2 books but have no money left!   She put one Ivy & Bean back and said maybe she would get it the following week, the sticker book was still appealing though and she was very confused.  I reminded her of the sticker book she had at home that was huge and she had barely touched, so she decided that maybe this new sticker book could wait until next week too!  I had her pay for her book (no at this point I did not have her hand all the quarters to the cashier! I told her to use her dollar bills) she did great! counted them all out herself.  It was quite adorable!
But I am realizing that we do not have a set system for giving her money or doing chores, it is random between Duane and I, so now the system must begin!  I am not sure yet what it will be or look like, so any thoughts for a 7 year old's chores, please let me know! 
On a similar note, she HATES shopping! While we are doing it she is definitely all about getting things, but she never wants to go and after says it was awful...This is very strange for Duane and I as we both LOVE shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment