Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Referral!!

I realized I did not make an official blog of this!! I have been so caught up in the awe, the next steps and that pesky thing called a job!

It is official though, we have a referral for a 6.5 year old girl!  We are thrilled! 
We have sent our paperwork in and now we wait for our court date- I have my timeline expectations set low- probably November- but I did have a dream the other night that we got a date in before our the court closures!  So doubtful!!

Now begins the lists- what do I need to do! I have started everything from thinking about her room to calling schools!  I need to get organized this week about it all though and make sure I don't miss anything!  If anyone has any advice please comment!!! 

Well off to peruse the Pottery Barn Kids website!! 

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!! A little girl is going to be fun!! I hope that the wait is not to long until she comes home. Congrads!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats again and enjoy your time preparing and getting ready! It's overwhelming, but really fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, although I've already congratulated you, I'll make it official and congratulate you again here! I'm really excited for you and can't wait to hear more about your adventure. I'm assuming you won't be naming her after me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting. I saw today on the yahoo board someone received news of a court date.. and they only received a referral a month ago. Blew my mind!
    When do courts close? Amazing I would forget that. I was neurotic last year about that time period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I tried to post a few days ago, but it wasn't letting me. So very happy for you and your husband! And, of course, for little Miss C. I am so thrilled, beyond words...email me any time, or call if you want to chat.
    amy (amyanddougsjourneytoethiopia.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete